Sunday, December 28, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
A little late with my post, but we came home and were immediately submerged back into "real life"... except for today! Home at 10 am, watching "Wow!Wow! Wubzee" and the snow fall outside. I love being trapped at home and not going to work! :) we realize that Quincy is totally unprepared for snow. No Hat. No Gloves. Not that he would wear them, oh well.
Quincy and Ellie
All the girls! Me, Jessica, Brady, Crystal and Marla
Sunday afternoon was a big party at my aunts house. It was awesome! I so so many family members I hadn't seen in years! We were all together in the first time since who knows how long! There were lots and lots of photos taken! Some dear friends, Kristin and Amy and their daughters also showed up, as did old friend Leanna Hunt. It was so good to spend time catching up with all of them... although, the blog world makes it easier to keep up even when distance keeps us apart.
Quincy makes a move for the cake:
Sunday night was my favorite, and really what I wanted during this trip most of all, a night with my mom and dad and bothers and sister. We played Balderdash... and my family is so dang funny to play this game with. We are so creative! I was laughing so hard at times that I thought I would wet my pants! I miss them. I wish I didn't live so far... or I wish we could afford to visit more often. Monday was pretty mellow... sadly, I brought the rain and wind and cold from Seattle with me. It was not the sunny and 70 degree weather I was hoping for. Jessica and I took advantage of granny (a.k.a "Ba-Bo") and got our nails done and went out for lunch. That night I got my fill of delicious Mexican food to last me until our next trip in March.
I was sad to leave on Tuesday, especially since that was the day with the most sun! I made a point of driving down the coast on the way to the airport so I could enjoy it as much as possible. We got there at 12:30, only to be told that our flight was cancelled, and I would be on the 4:30 flight, landing in Seattle at 7:30pm. It took everything in me not to completely lose it and cry then and there. How was I going to entertain a 2 year old for 7 hours in a small area??! It wasn't easy, and I was VERY grateful to land and have Dan's help. I don't think I will attempt a trip like this by myself again for a long time! It was good to see everyone, and I appreciate all the great parties everyone threw while we were there!! we love you all!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
(Notice how disgruntled he is in this picture... it's because we were forcing him to leave the train!)
Friday, November 28, 2008
- My two nieces, Annie and Karli who helped me clean up the kitchen and hand wash our nice dishes, they made the clean up go SO much faster.
- My brother in law Karl, simply because Quincy loves him so much, that he yelled "No!" every time Karl put on his jacket to try and leave.
- My dear sister in law, whom I adore and look up to, she shows me how to be a loving mother and a strong wife.
- Our Uncle Jim! He brought the Turkey, cooked to perfection!
- My father-in-law Gary, who kept us all entertained with his tales of bravery and adventure as a Seattle motorcycle cop.
- My sister-in-law Deb, who has provided hours of endless entertainment by bringing beloved Richard Scary books for Quincy.
- My darling Dan, who helps me in every way he can ... and flows an endless stream of compliments to me like whenever I am needing it most.
- Quincy. How is it that such a little munchkin can be so smart, cuddly and good-natured? How is that somebody I have known for so short a period of time, have me so totally in love? How could any future children ever even come close? Is it even worth risking the disappointment?
- My family in California. I can't stop thinking about how excited I am to see my family for the holidays! I am so excited to see how Quin enjoys them like I do.
- Lastly, Weight Watchers. I am needing it right about now.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
A second Halloween for Quincy proved to be quite fruitful! I plan on using all the chocolate/candy bars and making "Halloween Cookies"... chopping them all up and making chocolate "chip" cookies out of them. Goodness knows, we do not need more candy around here. Not that cookies are much better... but at least I can take those to work and know they will be eaten up quite quickly. We had a little Halloween party, and had lots of fun! Al Harrison, the Broyles family and the Rassmussen family joined us (in costume) and we had a great time! Had a "ghoulish" dinner and then off to trick or treat! Added bonus: Dan and I had the day off today, which meant we could spend the while day cleaning, cooking and decorating (did I mention that Quin was in daycare? YAY!) Quincy also had his very first dentist appointment today! He was not the hugest fan, but it was overdue. Could this make me a very mean mother, or a very good mother? Oh well, without further ado... some pictures of the cutest cowboy in North Bend!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
So, I have realized that this blog is mostly devoted to Quincy, and the events our family participates in on a daily/weekly/monthly basis... depending on how on top of it I am. Dan has his own blog, and I thought, well... why can't I. So, now I do.
Not really sure how this other blog of mine will go, but I can tell you it will be much more filled with the radomness of my life... less Quin-isms. That is not to say it won't have Quin -related topics, that would be impossible. I am his mommy after all.
Anyhow, here is where this other blog of mine can be found www.cicelytime.blogspot.com
Monday, October 20, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
It is shameful, really. I can list all the many excuses I have but honestly... I am just too tired! So instead I will do a super quick run down...
- Quincy started a new daycare this month. Annie keeps a blog of all the things they do during the week, so you can see what he is learning and great pics if you check out her blog too. I have it listed from my blog, "Annie's Alphabet". She does a much better job of keeping up her blog....
- I have been waking up at 5am every weekday morning and doing a BootCamp... hence the too tired. So far, not quite the results I was hoping for, but I haven't given up yet.
- Working like a dog, as always...
- Went to the "Threshing Bee" in Ellensburg... SOOO many Tractors. Quincy was in HEAVEN.
- Attended the "Twighlight Tours" at the Cedar Falls, a closed up company town up the street from us. Been closed since 9/11 since there is a power plant there. We had lots of fun, and our friends went with us to make it even better! Willow and Quincy were so cute together!
- Had a much needed "Girls Night"... lots of fun!
- Got a new laptop, so Dan and I don't have to compete for the computer... now I really shouldn't have an excuse for my blogging laziness. Oh well.
Hopefully that will tide you over for a little while...