Thursday, December 18, 2008

Weekend in Cali

A little late with my post, but we came home and were immediately submerged back into "real life"... except for today! Home at 10 am, watching "Wow!Wow! Wubzee" and the snow fall outside. I love being trapped at home and not going to work! :) we realize that Quincy is totally unprepared for snow. No Hat. No Gloves. Not that he would wear them, oh well.

Anyhow, we had quite the whirlwind visit to Vista, only 3 full days is definitely too short! We arrived quite late on Friday night. The flight wasn't too bad, luckily it wasn't a full flight, so Quincy was able to sit beside me and watch Elmo on my laptop. Food is a good distraction to an almost 2 year old as well. Saturday we ran some errands and went out to lunch with Jessica and Tyson, and then that night a big party at my mom's house. I saw all kinds of folks I hadn't seen in far too long. We were also celebrating my grandmothers birthday. It was fun, and Quincy has a new love... Ellie. They wrestled and had all kinds of fun together. Here are some pic's from Saturday night.

Quincy with Great Grandma:




Quincy and Ellie

All the girls! Me, Jessica, Brady, Crystal and Marla


Sunday afternoon was a big party at my aunts house. It was awesome! I so so many family members I hadn't seen in years! We were all together in the first time since who knows how long! There were lots and lots of photos taken! Some dear friends, Kristin and Amy and their daughters also showed up, as did old friend Leanna Hunt. It was so good to spend time catching up with all of them... although, the blog world makes it easier to keep up even when distance keeps us apart.

Quincy makes a move for the cake:


Cicely, Leanna Hunt and Jessica:
Hayley, Kristin, Jessica, Cicely, Jeweliette and Amy:
The Voigtlander's:
Sunday night was my favorite, and really what I wanted during this trip most of all, a night with my mom and dad and bothers and sister. We played Balderdash... and my family is so dang funny to play this game with. We are so creative! I was laughing so hard at times that I thought I would wet my pants! I miss them. I wish I didn't live so far... or I wish we could afford to visit more often. Monday was pretty mellow... sadly, I brought the rain and wind and cold from Seattle with me. It was not the sunny and 70 degree weather I was hoping for. Jessica and I took advantage of granny (a.k.a "Ba-Bo") and got our nails done and went out for lunch. That night I got my fill of delicious Mexican food to last me until our next trip in March.
While there, we also discovered Quincy's talent for the drum.
Future drummer for sure:



I was sad to leave on Tuesday, especially since that was the day with the most sun! I made a point of driving down the coast on the way to the airport so I could enjoy it as much as possible. We got there at 12:30, only to be told that our flight was cancelled, and I would be on the 4:30 flight, landing in Seattle at 7:30pm. It took everything in me not to completely lose it and cry then and there. How was I going to entertain a 2 year old for 7 hours in a small area??! It wasn't easy, and I was VERY grateful to land and have Dan's help. I don't think I will attempt a trip like this by myself again for a long time! It was good to see everyone, and I appreciate all the great parties everyone threw while we were there!! we love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to see everyone. The trip sounds great and we are glad you are back home.

Makenna said...

Ahh yes - the family on the stairs picture - love it! Glad you had fun - i wish I could go home - but with the baby due in Feb - I cant fly and Im not about to drive!

Kristin said...

I'm so glad I got to see you and hang out. I had so much fun!