Friday, November 28, 2008

With a long weekend, there is much to be Thankful for. I am so glad to have a day specifically devoted to reminding ourselves of all we are blessed with. We hosted Thanksgiving at our home this year and only had time to contemplate today after the house was cleaned, but here is what I have thought about (in no paticular order!):
  1. My two nieces, Annie and Karli who helped me clean up the kitchen and hand wash our nice dishes, they made the clean up go SO much faster.
  2. My brother in law Karl, simply because Quincy loves him so much, that he yelled "No!" every time Karl put on his jacket to try and leave.
  3. My dear sister in law, whom I adore and look up to, she shows me how to be a loving mother and a strong wife.
  4. Our Uncle Jim! He brought the Turkey, cooked to perfection!
  5. My father-in-law Gary, who kept us all entertained with his tales of bravery and adventure as a Seattle motorcycle cop.
  6. My sister-in-law Deb, who has provided hours of endless entertainment by bringing beloved Richard Scary books for Quincy.
  7. My darling Dan, who helps me in every way he can ... and flows an endless stream of compliments to me like whenever I am needing it most.
  8. Quincy. How is it that such a little munchkin can be so smart, cuddly and good-natured? How is that somebody I have known for so short a period of time, have me so totally in love? How could any future children ever even come close? Is it even worth risking the disappointment?
  9. My family in California. I can't stop thinking about how excited I am to see my family for the holidays! I am so excited to see how Quin enjoys them like I do.
  10. Lastly, Weight Watchers. I am needing it right about now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a perfect Thanksgiving and a true blessing to be together. Quin was balm for my weary soul. You have no idea how much you all mean to me.