Friday, December 26, 2008

Williams Family Christmas Run Down


I think this really has been one of my most favorite Christmas's... ranks right up there with one of my last Christmas's at home in Vista, when all my siblings slept in the basement Christmas Eve night... waking up all together in the morning.




This year was a favorite for a couple reasons:


1. The snow really created an ideal Christmas. Not only did it snow heaps all Christmas Eve and Christmas Day providing a White Christmas, but it allowed us the opportunity to spend over week together relaxing and enjoying the season with one another. We are so blessed to have so much love in our home. It also provided an excuse to spend last weekend with my sister-in-law's family, something we do not do often enough!


2. Christmas Eve with dear friends. We invited friends over to spend Christmas Eve with us. Darby, Jeremy and their daughter Ellette, as well as our friend Al all braved the treacherous conditions to be at our home. I hope it was worth it to them, because we loved having them. Ellette and Quincy played and played and really had a blast... our house showed it. We are so fortunate to have such good friends, and we look forward to all the fun we will have in 2009 with them.


3. Quincy! What fun it is to have the magic of a child at Christmas in our home! He is so excited for decorating our Christmas Tree, seeing the Christmas lights, reading Christmas Books, seeing Santa, opening gifts, singing Christmas songs. It will be a fun time of year for a long time to come.




My wishes for next year are for Quincy to better understand the reason for our celebrating Christmas. I hope that Dan and I can help him to learn more of Christ and all he has given us. That he can live a selfless life; with honor, integrity and JOY!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on every point! What a wonderful Christmas.

Corinne Morash said...

Love your posts Cicely.. :) WOndering if you can help me find a new background. My favorite background site is down.. and I haven't found one I like. Any suggestions?