Tuesday, June 2, 2009

the mouths of babes

With Quincy speaking entire phrases and sentances with alarming ease these days, he has us laughing as often as he has us pulling his hair out (50/50 isn't too bad I guess). Here are a few of his gems:



In one of his favorite books Pigeon finds a Hot Dog (which is a fave simpy for the fact that he would eat hot dog's at every meal) the pigeon describes a hot dog as being a "taste sensation". So, one day as we discussed hot dogs (yes, it is a topic of conversation in this house) I asked him what a hot dog tasted like. His response, to my suprise, was"It's a taste sensation". It cracks me up everytime I ask him.



Since he is a two year old, he likes to be very contrary. Anything you say, he will disagree with. Dan once commented, "You are the best boy ever". His reply? "No. Not me" OK, sometimes your right.



The funniest conversation we have had, may not be appropriate for this family-friendly blog, let's just say... it was held while changing his daiper and the comparison between mommies anatomy and daddies anatomy... as well as the sizing differences between his own and daddies body parts, was discussed, unprompted. Dan and I about busted a gut.



It is also fun to tell him things to say. He is very good at repeating most everything you tell him, and sometimes just hearing him speak full sentances and thoughts is amusing enough.



Of course, with everygood thing must come some challenges. He also loves to say, "NO! Not you mommy!" or "NO! Not you Daddy!" and when we suggest a nap or bedtime he tells us, "No, I waked up". When I tell him "No" to, say, jelly beans at bedtime, he cries, "Say YES mommy!" Mmm. nope, sorry.

and so it goes...

No comments: