Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day


I won't dwell too much on the how the day itself went, as I think both Dan and I spent most of our waking hours wondering why exactly we became parents in the first place... that's just how it goes when you have a 2 year old, I suppose. In between temper tantrums I was able to contemplate fatherhood a little bit. I have been lucky in life, not only to have a wonderful father myself... but to have also had the fortune to have a great partner in this crazy "parenthood" roller coaster ride.
Baby Chris

Yes folks, I went there... an old PROM photo (eek)

I have learned a lot from my own dad... I wear my heart on my sleeve as he does, I trust people and expect them to be honest (sometimes to a fault), through him I have learned to love all types of music, I appreciate laughing and quick wit, and I never, ever litter (but I do chew gum sometimes, sorry dad). My father is amazing and I love him dearly. Seeing my dad happy and healthy makes me happy too!

I have also learned a lot from my darling husband, watching him be an incredible father to our son. Mostly, patience. He has an amazing knack for it, that I don't know if I will ever truly capture. I certainly would not be able to do it without him, nor would I want to... he keeps me laughing when I feel like I could easily be weeping. Oh, and ladies.... he does laundry too (swoon).

No comments: