Sunday, May 31, 2009

The May Run Down

Well, with tomorrow as the first day of June, thought it would be a good time to wrap up the month of May.


My Mother's Day was wonderful. I received a lovely bouquet of roses, and a watch. What I wanted the most was a few hours alone to clean up the house... and I got it. It was a great weekend. Naturally, on a day created to honor Mother's, I found myself analyzing myself as a Mother... and again, naturally, it is hard not to think of the challenges I have within this difficult role. But then... I thought about it again. Mother's Day is not at all a day to relfect on one's own mothering skills, but instead to see myself in my child's eyes. At his tender young age, he still see's me without those flaws that feel so huge to me. I hope as he grows older, that I can continue to be the mother he deserves and the mother he see's in me.



We made a trip to visit Grandpa Gary. It was a nice warm day, and we had a good visit. The next day we went to ride the train in Snoqualmie... always a BIG hit.




Memorial Day weekend was beautiful... a rarity here in Washington. We have been enjoying warm, sunny days most of the month and it has been wonderful! We spent some time BBQ'ing with friends... and I was quite amused to look over and see them all sporting their North Face jackets. So Pacific Northwest. It was photo-worthy.



We spent Memorial Day at the Froelich Farm. And no trip to the farm is complete until you have had a ride on a horse, and a ride on the tractor. Both were accomplished!




This weekend, was a trip to the Flaming Geyser. Not really the most impressive flame ever seen. But another gorgeous weekend, so you can't complain.








(Looking for the flame....)





1 comment:

jerrie said...

I love reading this. I'm so glad you are keeping it up. And, you are an amazing mom!