Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Why Not?"

A new phrase has emerged. "Why Not?" is quite commonly asked around these parts. Here are some examples of its usage:

Quincy: What's that?
Me: I don't know
Quincy: Why not?
Me: Because I can't see what your pointing at
Quincy: Why not?
Me: Because I am driving and can't look at you
Quincy: Why not?


Dan: Don't throw your hat on the ground Quincy
Quincy: Why not?
Dan: Because it is raining and there are puddles, we don't want it to get dirty and wet.
Quincy: Why not?
Dan: So you can wear it

and so it goes....

Today he did not want Dan to come with us when we went to run some errands. This is how it went:

Me: Can Daddy come with us?
Quincy: No! I am going to say bye-bye to Daddy.
Dan:(making a sad face) Can't I come too?
Quincy: (angry) NO! Daddy, you go take a nap! Come on Mommy.

by the way... he did eventually allow Dan to join us. I was glad for this!

1 comment:

jerrie said...

Very cute, and it sounds like you may have a little male rivalry going on for your undivided time and attention. Enjoy it while it lasts.