Saturday, March 14, 2009

California: Day's 4 & 5

Day's 4 & 5: Legoland and Balboa Park

On Monday, we woke up late (at least I did...hey! It's my vacation too!) and decided to pay a visit to Great Grandma Geno. We had a very nice time sitting with her and chatting, and Quincy was quite content playing with all of the doggie toys, much to Nikki's (Grandma's dog) dismay. After a little bit, we had to get going and Grandma had a bus trip to go on but it was so good to see her. It is so nice that she is living down in Vista now, so that I can visit her much more often than I could when she was living in Paradise, CA.




Thanks to my friend Leanna's blog, I learned that the last hour of Legoland is free... no need to pay for neither parking nor entrance fee's! Sweet! It was great, especially because Quincy is really too little for almost any of the rides, and not to mention it is crazy expensive! We picked up my mom from work and headed to Carlsbad. We spent almost all of our time playing around the water feature, and riding the two rides Quincy could go on several times. It was fabulous because there were literally no lines at all!










We picked up Jessica at the Oceanside train station, as she had just spent the last week visiting her friend Jen in Visalia. Quincy immediately recognized Auntie Chet amid the crowd and ran to her for a big hug! We left Quincy with my mom and went out for burgers with the little brothers. It was fun hanging out with all of them, it doesn't happen often and we always have some laughs.



Tuesday, Day 5, my Dad had the day off as did Jessica, so we all headed to Balboa park. It was a gorgeous day for it, not a cloud in the sky! (Ahhh... California weather is the BEST! )We even saw a firetruck and a fire engine parked in the same parking lot as us, and the firemen let us check out their truck. Quin was dumbstruck! We wandered around the huge park, and eventually Quincy, Dan and my Dad went into the Model Train Museum while Jessica and I wandered through some of the free museums and gardens. Sadly, the main reason we went to Balboa park was to ride the train they have near the zoo and we got there only to discover it only runs on the weekends! Too bad! I guess there will always be next time! There is still so much to do in San Diego, we will never run out of activities!



Jessica and I are pretty dang photogenic. We can't help it. It is in our genes I suppose.


No comments: