Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wilton Cake #3

Our final cake for Course #1, and learning to make roses! This was the cake I was most excited for, and I loved making the roses! I think I will make a rose cake at least weekly. Don't worry... I won't actually EAT these cakes, that's what friends and co-workers are for.



Being so close to Halloween I was going for a very dark and Gothic look. I iced it in black (or as close to black as I was able to manage!) and very deep scarlet red roses, with deep, dark green leaves. I also sprinkled some edible black glitter over the top. My original plan was to include some "cake jewelry" some beads dangling from wire up and out of the cluster of roses, but then I decided to go with the "less is more" approach. The cake itself is a three layer Red Velvet cake with pre-made store bought cheesecake filling. 



And fear not, we signed up for Course #2, during which we will learn how to make Royal Icing and other types of flowers, with a grand finale cake: a basket full of flowers!

2 comments:

Corinne Morash said...

OMG. Box it up and send it to me . :)

Kristin said...

that looks delicious!!!