Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cake Decorating Class

Because I don't have enough going on already... insert tone of sarcasm here.... I thought it would be loads of fun to sign up for a Cake Decorating Class! My dear grandmother made the most beautiful cakes, and it was such a nice memory of her, I thought... maybe I can do it too!? So I did! Class is every Tuesday in October, 4 in all and I now present to you my very first cake, all gussied up:


So, it's not perfect, actually...it is pretty darned flawed. But I am sure that with time, I will be a pro... or at least a darned good amateur.

I was going to write "Annie's Alphabet" (The name of Quincy's daycare) but really.... I could barely get just a simple letter "A" to look right. So, this is what I ended up with and it will just have to do! I think it is also important to note that the cake inside is confetti cake, I thought it was most appropriate.

Let me know if you need me to decorate a cake for you any time soon.