Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!

We had a fun Halloween with friends, even though it was not as elaborate as I had hoped to make it... I will just have to save up all those spooky party ideas for next year I suppose. We had just a few friends come over for dinner and then we packed the kids up and drove to the only well lit and sidewalked neighborhood in town... along with everyone else in North Bend!

For weeks we asked Quincy what he wanted to be for Halloween, and the most consistent response recieved was "An Amazing Monster". When I tried to get more details, like what an amazing monster looked like? how many eyes did it have? what color is an amazing monster? etc. the only answer I got was that it was "really, really big". Hmmm. So, instead of risking it and creating a monster costume not to his liking, we instead defaulted to a regular ol' store-bought costume. Batman. Boring, but I guess there will be many more Halloween's to come for me to get super creative.


Don't bug me, dad.

I instead got super creative with my own costumer. I saw a children's costume at  Pottery Barn Kids, and loved it.... a cupcake.  Why couldn't a grown up be a cupcake? I could find no good reason. So I made my own little costume (whipped it up Halloween morning!) and I loved it! People even knew what it was without explaination!


We had a great dinner. My friends helped me create a sppoky meal. Darby took on the "graveyard" meatloaves (she even found little plastic bones to stick in them!), Lisa made the "Bleeding Heart Brie" and I made the Mashed Potatoe Ghosts and Ghouls Gravy. It was a pretty scrumptious meal.



And I wanted to keep practicing my newly learned cake decorating skills, so I decorated a cake for the occasion.



We tortured the children by making them take pictures before trick-or-treating!



And the dad's eyed the loot after trick-or-treating






Snow Queen Lisa, and Hippie-Zombie, Nate (a big change from just an annoying hippie in 2008)




Farmer Darby, and her favorite chicken, Jeremy

I am sorry to say, somehow we did not end up with pictures of our friend "Al"queda.... and Dan, well he was a "party pooper". No, really. No costumer this year. I will work on him for next year.

1 comment:

annie look said...

Super cute Cicily! I Love it!