Monday, August 17, 2009

A visit with Grandma

We had the pleasure of spending some time with my mom this last few weeks. She came up at the end of July, and was able to stay for a little over 2 weeks. Quincy had a great time. He insisted on mostly hanging around the house with Grandma all day, but I think they got in some nice walks as well as a visit to Woodland Park Zoo, and the Children's Museum. Dan and I filled up on as many "date-nights" as we could. I hope my dear mother didn't feel too taken advantage of! :) We loved it! We even went on a double date one night with friends whose daughter was staying with her Grandma too! Yay for Grandma's!! I really, really, really wish I had one around more often. Hmmm... I am sure there are some good speech pathologist jobs here in North Bend. I even briefly thought I could handle another child, then reality hit... I could only do it if I had a live-in Granny!

Sadly, because Quincy and Grandma mostly hung around the house... and Dan and I tried to not hang out around the house, we have limited photographs of this last couple weeks with Grandma. We did go on an adventure one day while she was here however. It started out as a trip to "Northwest Trek" and ended up as a trip to Mount Rainier. I think we were all very happy it ended up that way too. It was a perfect day, and Mount Rainier is just so lovely. We did a little "hiking"... as much as one can do with a 2 year old, and had a really nice lunch at the Inn in Longmire as well. While hiking around we even came across a mother deer with her two young fawns. It was quite a sight.





No comments: