Sunday, August 16, 2009

Seven Year Itch

An Engagement Photo

Isn't that what they say? Well, we hit our 7 years of wedded bliss on August 10th. We celebrated in grand fashion, taking advantage of my mom's extended stay we headed over to Suncadia Lodge for a few days. It was so relaxing. I spent some time at the spa, we took a long bike ride, we enjoyed good food, and caught up on some sleep. It was so nice to get away, and I am so appreciative of my mom for watching Quincy for those few days for us.


I am amazed that 7 years has gone by! Look at how much has changed in those 7 years! But funny enough, it feels like just yesterday! We had such a wonderful wedding, and everyone we love was there to celebrate with us. Since that day, we have had a lot of fun, and been through some tougher times together as well. I am so lucky to have a husband who will stand by my side through it all. We recognize when the other needs some support and time alone, or maybe some time to reconnect with eacy other. We laugh together, especially now that a charming boy has joined our family. I look at Quincy in amazement sometimes, it is our love and commitment to one another that created this beautiful child. Together we are a family, and it all started seven years ago with an "I do".

3 comments:

Corinne Morash said...

Congratulations on 7 years!

Kristin said...

7 years already??? wow. time sure does fly by. i'm glad i was able to be there on your wedding day and staying up the night before just talking. it truly was a beautiful wedding. oh, and welcome back to the blogging world. i've missed you. haha.

jerrie said...

Your wedding was one of the best events of my life. I am so thankful we were able to have it at 'home' before we moved. We love you and are so very grateful that you are our family.