Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday Quincy!!!



As we start the new year, I am amazed that I now officially have a toddler! We had a good New Years, just spending some time with friends. I know my life is changed forever as a parent, by looking at how we spend New Years. We actually were in bed mostly asleep at midnight. Mostly because the power was out when we got home at 11:00, but also because we were just TIRED! Now come the New Years resolutions! For me, I just want to work on dropping this extra baby weight I am still holding onto!

My mom came to visit and be here for Quincy's first birthday. It has been nice, of course. Having an extra pair of hands is ALWAYS nice as Quincy continued to wear us out running around all day long! Today we the big day, and we officially have a one year old. Its hard to keep from getting emotional when I think about how far we have come in the last year. I was so afraid a year ago about what motherhood would be like, and how capable I would be. I felt not at all ready for it, yet I suprised myself and motherhood came pretty natural. Fatherhood was natural to Dan as well, and I remember just falling in love with him all over again as I saw him tenderly hold and love our newborn child. As for our first birthday celebration...We had a fun party, with all kinds of friends and family here to help us celebrate. Quincy gobbled up his birthday cake in less than a minute. The boy loves sweets just like his mommy! He kept up pretty well, only get overwhelmed and crabby a few times during the party... afterwords is another story! So much action makes for a weary and fussy boy! It was so much fun, and so special to have everyone here.

1 comment:

FitmamaMichele said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Quincy! It sounds like it was a great day. I can't believe he's already a year and Emily isn't too far behind.