Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Big 3 - OH!!!!


It is here. The inevitable has occured. I could not escape the quick approach of my 30's and here they are. I know as I head into my 30's that is isn't as bad as I am making it out to be. After all, I have an incredible family, an amazing child and dear husband. I have a lovely home and a good, fullfilling job (most of the time). I am healthy and young (at heart). I have many more adventures ahead of me and a lot of things left to accomplish. The most important of these is the task of raisnig a kind, thoughtful and intelligent young man, and with the help of my kind, thoughtful and intelligent husband I think we are well on our way. In the next ten years I would like to have more children. Dan and I have realized over the last 10 months what an absolute joy it is to have a family. I would like to stop the silly yo-yo dieting, and just focus on being healthy, active and comfortable in my own skin. I would like to find more time for myself, to achieve personal growth. If I am not complete, I know I cannot be a complete mother and wife. I want to be a better wife. Dan deserves that. All very big things to look forward to.
Having a great birthday so far. At work everyone dressed in black and white, and my desk was all decorated in black and white by dear friends. I am so lucky to love the people I work with. Tonight they have planned for a fun night out in Seattle, and we have a babysitter all lined up! This morning, my dear husband got up with the baby and I got to sleep in until nearly 10am! Oh BLISS!!! Then I was treated to a pumpkin muffin and latte for breakfast. Its been a very nice day.
Depsite turning 30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cicely! :)

Erin said...

Cicely!!

I hope you had a great time!! I just love you so much and miss you!!! I am so thankful for you!
Erin