Friday, February 29, 2008

A fun visit with friends!


We had a very fun week this week, with a short but adventure-packed visit from my best friend Darla Bailey and her 3 year old, Miller. I was lucky enough to take half a day off, and Quincy and I joined them for a great afternoon. We visited "Kids Quest" childrens museum in Bellevue. Initially I was very unsure as to how Quin would like it, thinking he might still be too little to really get much out of it. I knew it would be great fun for Millie, and give Darla and I a chance to do some catching up as well. Fortunately, both Millie and Quincy had a fantastic time and could have played all day had we let them. There were some neat water exhibits, music areas, a science section and a big semi cab that the kids could crawl around in... but the hit was a huge bird themed play area right in the center of the museum. It was great fun for us all, and I really look forward to taking Quincy back soon. The best part for me, NO CLEAN UP! All the blocks, puzzle pieces, legos, etc. all get picked up by the staff at the end of the night and I don't have to lift a finger. Pretty good, right? The two kids had a yummy dinner and took a bath together. I have never had to fight to get Quin out of the bath like I did that night. He was in absolute heaven having an older kid to play with in the bath. He has always loved older kids, and he just adored Millie. It was just about the cutest thing!

At one point while watching our children play, I just thought out loud about how odd it was to be sitting there with my best friend of several years watching our kids play togather. We aren't nannies... or babysitters. We are mothers, and sometimes both Dan and I look around and think to ourselves "When did all this happen?". After some consultation, apparently this feeling never really goes away.

No comments: